The BSPC Nominating Committee needs your help in discerning those whom God is calling to lead the Church at this time. Who do you think has the skills and passion to serve as an elder or deacon or member of the nominating committee? Click HERE to learn who is currently serving, and suggest names - including your own - of those who might serve.
Four Weeks of Wellness
Sundays at 11:30 a.m.
- January 22 - Havening: Learn about and experience the practice called Havening that helps calm the body and mind experiencing anxiety or trauma, taught by Dr. Steve Hamilton, Broad Streeter and retired LtCol, USAF who practiced Havening with soldiers experiencing PTSD.
- January 29 - Anxiety and Meditation with Betty Brown, Broad Streeter, elder, RN and Ayurvedic Wellness Practitioner.
- February 5 - Clean Eating & Healthy Digestion cooking class with Betty Brown, 90 minutes, Broad Streeter, elder, RN and Ayurvedic Wellness Practitioner.
- February 12 - Five Love Languages, a special Valentine’s Day Talk with Dr. Meghna Mahambrey, Broad Streeter and daughter-in-law of Steve and Annette Kuss. This topic is perfect for singles or couples of all ages and stages of life.
**If you’d like childcare for any of these events, let Brittany Porch know.
Saturday, February 4, 2023, 9:00-1:30 p.m. Palmer Hall at BSPC
It’s been 3 years since we’ve been together in this way – it’s time to reconnect! Come for part or all of this year's gathering, which includes ice breakers, presentation, lunch, and worship. We’ll have conversation in large and small groups. This is a wonderful way to get to know other women from BSPC.
Our theme is Emotions in the Psalms. When was the last time you said, “God, I am angry at you”?
Leadership will be provided by Ann Palmerton and the Rev. Dr. Rachel Wrenn, Assistant Professor of Biblical Studies at Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Capital University.
Click HERE for more information and to sign up.
Justice Camp Registration OPEN!
We are so excited to present a NEW faith formation opportunity this summer for elementary school-aged children called, Justice Camp. This will be a day camp that will focus on 4 themes of justice: Anti-Racism, Welcoming Immigrants, Climate Justice, and Food Justice. Each day, children will rotate through a workshop presented by partners who are professionals on the topic, a few initial partners are the Byrd Polar and Climate Center at OSU, a professional food justice advocate, and The Columbus Crew. Participants will also rotate through stations that include snacks, stories, games, faith connection, and a service project.
- June 26-29, 2023
- 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Monday - Thursday
- Rising Kindergarten – Rising 5th graders (older youth can volunteer!)
- $50, scholarship available upon request
- Extended Day is available until 4:30 p.m. each day for an additional $100, afternoon care is provided by Sitting Made Simple with general fun camp activities
- Food Truck Family Picnic Thursday at noon to celebrate!
- Adult and Youth volunteers needed, sign up on the Central Hub
Registration is OPEN! Register online here.
Any questions? Reach out!
The planning team: Brittany Porch, Kathy Kelly-Long, Victoria Powers, Sarah Pressly, Annie Bezbatchenko, Tracy Ross and Randi Mitchell from Bethany Presbyterian